Fixed Ramp Solutions
Stepless has specially designed and produced a ramp system for 135 city trains in Copenhagen so that wheelchair users can get in and out of trains. It only takes 10 seconds for train staff to operate the ramp and make it ready for use.
The ramp construction consists of three main elements:
- Lite ramp
- Mechanical steering arm that holds the ramp
- Cabinet to store the ramp when it is not in use
The ramp is folded width-wise and placed in the cabinet by the door. The cabinet is designed to suit the interior of s DSB train. The ramp distinguishes itself by being fitted with a mechanical arm that ensures fast and secure unfolding of the ramp without train staff having to carry out heavy lifting.
The ramp system has the following advantages:
- Enables wheelchair users to get on and off trains fast
- Easy and simple handling
- The ramp is stored discreetly in the cabinet
- Minimum weight and lifting for train staff
- High security for positioning for the ramp due to the mechanical steering arm
- Does not slip during use
- Option to dismantle the ramp quickly and use it elsewhere
Lite ramp for public transport
The ramps are used as loose ramps, i.e. they are typically stored in the train/bus and are taken out when required.
The standard Lite ramps come in two lengths:
125 cm, 165 cm
Both models have an inside width of 80 cm, a safety edge around the sidesand a load capacity of 300 kg.
The lite ramps are the absolute lightest on the market due to a unique material composition consisting of glass and graphite fibre.